In case you haven’t noticed, the war between carnivores and herbivores is alive and strong -- at least online. And what better site than crafty wonderland Etsy to host the virtual battleground. The debate has gotten so heated that the Huffington Post is calling it an Etsy Deathmatch.
Here is a sampling of this brutal war for your enjoyment, staring with the Herbivores:
- Pepperoni, The By-Choice Herbivore Dinosaur Zine. For just $3.00 you can get your kids a hand-drawn booklet that tells the tale of Pepperoni, a dinosaur who made a tough life decision that other people just don’t understand. According to the author, SPOILER ALERT: Some readers have cried.
- If your vegetarianism is just because you hate plants... Here’s a t-shirt just for you.
- Or maybe you want everyone to know you’re a vegetarian at all times when they enter your house, so a Veggiesaurus hand towel would be appropriate. That felt is certainly not vegan, is it? I’m sensing real wool.
- Want everyone to know what you believe without saying a word? How about a hand-stamped necklace that you can wear around your neck, that way they’ll ask.
- Maybe you just want to get the herbivore’s message out, buy this rubber stamp, “Help The Planet Say No To Meat.”
- Of course you can always get down and dirty by wearing a t-shirt with two adults sucking on a cow’s udders, “Go Vegan You Cowsucking Perverts.” I’m sure you’ll win friends if you wear this in public.
- If you really want to set the tone though, make sure your meat-loving friends remember whose blood died for their sins. That’s right, the steak.
Okay, so maybe you’re on the meat side of things and you want to heat the argument up again. Well, I think a great place to start is by embracing your favorite teenage idol, Lady Gaga.
- Of course, if you really want meat inspired fashion without copy a famous person, check out these handy little dresses that come in oh-so-many-colors and, wait for it... cuts just like your favorite beef steak.
- Or you can be as blatant as possible and keep images of meat on your walls with caveman sayings.
- Perhaps you agree fundamentally with the herbivores, but something is holding you back? Oh, that’s right, you love the taste of blood in the morning.
- Some people claim that they could never be vegetarians because of bacon, and this button explains why bacon is the best. It’s meat candy, i.e. addictive like sugar.
- Want to be less subtle than a vegan necklace that says, “Vegan”? Why don’t you just wear a nice juicy looking steak around your neck?
- If you just want to be creepy about it, why not buy these acrylic cleaver earrings. Sure, you may be a butchers wife, but seriously? Cleaver earrings? Creepy.
- Last but not least, the meat grinder necktie. For all those classy business meetings where you want to let all of your colleagues know you are not subtle, at all.